Monday, September 08, 2003

I'm not really sure what to say about God's will. This is something that I don't really think through enough I would guess. Here are my thoughts though. I think people spend way too much time saying, "what does God want ME to do," as if God is going to lay out a "third testament of Jesus Christ" that is just for me. I believe that God's will is that we particpate in the ministry of reconciliation, and that He'll direct our paths as we go. I don't think that we'll ever find the answer by just sitting still. I think that we must be actively pursuing what God has already laid out for us, rather than sitting back complaining about not knowing what God has in store for me. I don't really know if I'll ever know if God works from the "I've got one specific path marked out for you" or "as long as you're pursuing Me, it's cool" camp, it's really hard for me to say with any sense of conviction. I do fall back on this quite frequently though...
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD , "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD." Jer 19.11-14

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home