Friday, August 08, 2003

Grace and Attitude

No, I don't think genuine Christians are in a lifestyle of sin. I think they continue to sin, but Grace and attitude separate us from the lifestyle of sin. I think the obvious example is where all this started. A minister of the Gospel who is living a life that is incongruent with the life of Christ purposefully. I have had a minister that was one of the most power hungry men I have ever met. I would have to say that he too is in a lifestyle of sin, because he is unwilling to give up his quest for power, dominating, and controlling people.

So, I don't think this is "Sin grading". I think this is understanding the human condition, we all struggle and will screw up quite a bit. In many ways the only we are different is that we have received grace and we are attempting to be honest to what our relationship with Christ compels us to do, as it is in line with his Word. 1 Timothy 3:9 has been a great verse I have been thinking about lately. It is in the qualifications for a Deacon and it says (in the NIV) "They must keep hold of the deep truths of the faith with a clear conscience." In the NASB it says "hold to the mystery of the faith with a clear conscience." I think that is a pretty hard to define verse, but I think it relates to this topic, especially in regard to the selection of a Bishop. I could see this verse being used to justify a great many things when not taken in context with the whole of scripture...

Well, I have a meeting to get to, so I am out...

Peace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home