Friday, August 08, 2003

Self-Centered

Hey, I know I'm self centered but I've been rereading a lot of the posts on here, which I must admit I really love, and I realize that my best stuff comes about in my second to last paragraph. All of the stuff I hope sparks discussion is there, so here you go, I'm reposting my last two second to last paragraphs and we'll see what happens.

"Now that all this has been said, let me tell you what I think on a personal level. I don't care what happens. It's no skin off my back. The more I realize what the Gospel's really all about, the more I realize that the American church has less and less to do with the Gospel and more to do with legalism, fundamentalism, liberalism, and selfishness. Therefore, I realize that how I live my life, if I'm going to live according to the Gospel, is not only going to be counter to the World, but it will probably be counter to the pop-Christian world as well."

"Dusty's dream for the church is right on with scripture (see Acts 2, James 5.16), so what's holding us back? Maybe the fact that we're so afraid to let the world see what Christ has saved us from. Maybe it's that we're too proud to even admit that we were once anything, but clean."

Ok, maybe it's not that good, but I thought it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home