Friday, December 17, 2004

TotallyVain Mindset

So anyway, because I am full of myself, I decided to post my top-ten lists right here on the top of the main page. I'm still thinking about movies and music. So here are some books, limited to ones I read for the first time over the last year.

Fiction
1. Things Fall Apart, Chinua Achebe
2. Coraline, Neil Gaiman
3. You Shall Know Our Velocity, Dave Eggers
4. High Fidelity, Nick Hornby
5. The Chosen, Chaim Potek
6. A Wrinkle In Time, Madeleine L'Engle
7. Bone: The Great Cow Race, Jeff Smith
8. A Series of Unfortunate Events: Books 1 & 2, Leminy Snicket
9. Feed, M.T. Anderson
10. How Soon Is Never, Marc Spitz

Non-Fiction
1. The Conservative Intellectual Movement in America, George H. Nash
2. A Short History Of Nearly Everything, Bill Bryson
3. Hunting the Divine Fox, Robert Farrar Capon
4. Lies, And the Lying Liars Who Tell Them, Al Franken
5. War In A Time of Peace, David Halberstam
6. Undaunted Courage, Stephen E. Ambrose
7. Reviving Ophelia, Mary Piper
8. Soul Survivor, Philip Yancey
9. Against All Enemies, Richard A. Clarke
10. A Sideways Look At Time, Jay Griffiths

I think maybe we should also do top ten heretics of the year (from our standpoints, not Dr. Dobson's, which might make him eligible). Any other suggestions?

That is all. Goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home