Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The One Where I Whore the Blog for My Own Ruthless Endeavors

Sorry gang, but I am in need of a good degree of help, so if you would comply then that would be awesome. So here is the deal:

Right now as you perhaps may know, I am working with an international nondenominational peace and reconciliation group/community/non governmental organization/whathaveyou here in Seoul, South Korea. (www.thefrontiers.org) Things are sweet here, thanks for asking. Right now aside from our headquarters and intentional community here in Korea, we work (for peace!) in Afghanistan, Pakistan, Aceh, and East Timor. Basically we do various programs, largely educational, according to the need of the region, all which have a focus on community living, reconciliation, peace, and the intertwining of all of these in attempts to live truthful and nonviolent lives. Also we do some disaster relief and some disaster area reconstruction. And whatever else we can get our hands on. (This is the same group that did that Pakistan Earthquake thing back in 2005)

So that's us, vaguely. Thing is we want to extend our "network" to North America. The purpose of this would be expanding the possibilities of global peace-building and connecting peace-building in North America with that of East Asia. Also we are looking for volunteers and workers from North America, both long term and short, as a way of becoming a more truly international organization, and also connecting Americans to places where their governments policies often wreak havoc, and connecting people from economically well off nations, with those of lesser means. Despite being based on principles of Christian faith our organization is open to people of all religions or no religions (but not members of Bad Religion).

So here is where your help comes into play. I am hoping to come to the U.S. in March. At this time my plan is to travel around the joint, meeting like minded groups and organizations and interested individuals. I also hope to do some speaking to promote our group and attempt to get some more volunteers and workers. Basically touring around, visiting groups, schools, churches and whatever else, hopes of all of these things. I will probably be doing so for at least 3 months. Because money is tight with myself and the organization, I need to make this an efficiently planned trip because America is huge and expensive (and expansive!).

So I know MMW's are spread out across the fruited plain. And many of you attend churches or go to schools or know people that do such things. So please assist me. If you have a place I can visit and talk to, for promotion, recruiting or just becoming friends please email me (paulphilipmichelson at yahoo.com, put it together and change the at to @, I did that to avoid spam) Also if you know anyone else that has some kind of sweet connections please email me. Or if you know anyone who individually might be interested or you yourself are interested, please email me. Even if you don't personally know some group that might have some connection to this, but think it would be cool to visit them or talk to them, email me. Email Email Email!

Basically I have to plan this huge trip to America myself, because I am the only American in the organization, but I have never really done this (I did something similar but really short, last year), so I don't have many connections or know how.

So lend me a hand! And sorry for turning this blog into an advertisement for myself.

Thanks!

4 Comments:

At 1/27/2007 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what dude...no love for Greg Graffin or Brett Gurewitz?

 
At 1/27/2007 9:19 AM, Blogger Jeff BBz said...

haha, i said that one specifically for you, scott. sorry man they are out! Jesus hates them.

 
At 1/27/2007 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...maybe greg, but I don't think he hates brett, lol.

 
At 2/18/2007 8:23 PM, Blogger Joey said...

Paco, there is a community I would like to connect you to for this but I don't know your email address. If you could send that to me I'll try to arrange something. Peace

Joey

joeyspiegel@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home