Friday, August 25, 2006

Turns out I was wrong...

I just received a forwarded e-mail from someone who apparently knows me well enough to send me this forward but does not know me well enough to know what I would think about it. Anyway, since I don't really know who this person is, if it is you, thanks. While from time to time this blog has been used to criticize the notion that America is God's favorite country and that following Jesus means waving a flag and singing God Bless America, this picture has destroyed all of my arguments.

Here's the e-mail:

This is a beautiful photo of a giant U.S. flag in Arizona. The photo is authentic and UN-Touched. The picture was taken on a regular Kodak 35mm film. The person who took the picture couldn't believe the image created by the suns rays. Nice of them to share it with the world! Read what is says under the picture....




For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us....go ahead and delete this.
For the rest of us..pass this on.

7 Comments:

At 8/25/2006 10:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you must be on my Grandma's mailing list!

 
At 8/26/2006 12:12 AM, Blogger jonny said...

for the 3.14159 seconds before i noticed the cross, i thought it was a really pretty picture. if anyone can photoshop that out, i will pay them four dollars so that i can use it as a screensaver.

 
At 8/29/2006 3:20 PM, Blogger Liza said...

molly and I must have the same grandma

 
At 9/04/2006 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's so sweet. gifts must be your love language.

 
At 9/04/2006 6:03 PM, Blogger jonny said...

funniest. exchange. ever. j. and m., you just made my labor day.

 
At 9/05/2006 12:36 PM, Blogger wholegrain said...

Jonny, I will do it for four dollars. Send me a check.

 
At 9/06/2006 1:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DANG IT. I knew I should have taken some kind of art/graphics class before I graduated. Then I'd be making the $4. Crap.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home