Friday, September 09, 2005

Boomer Must Go


I was going to write this about 2 months ago, but time passed and I got over it.

Given that this is all about the mindset of those who live in the midwest, I am hereby calling for the removal of one Chris Berman from all forms of media.

After watching the Home Run Derby in July I thought I was permanently ruined. For a week if I heard someone even say the word "back" I had to fight off a need to produce pain. It echoed in my head.... back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--back--

Lucky for all of us Berman is easy enough to avoid for most of the summer, but today was the last draw. As I was sitting in my living room eating some store bought pizza and sipping on some nice cherry coke the "swami" appeared for the first time this season and my blood pressure rose above healthy levels.

Why?

And then I realized why I can't stand him. Any segment that includes one Chris Berman is nothing but self promotion. In the approximately 7 minute segment there were more clips of "Boomer" wearing silly hats, wigs, and coats as well as participating in golf outings (acting like lee trivino) and football stadiums (acting like Joe Namath). There were also about 30 other clips of the man just standing there throughout the year with various horrible hair cuts.

The worst part. Every week for the next 4 months the man will take over SportsCenter and act like the reigning emperor.

I don't know how to do this kind of thing because I normally don't believe they work, but isn't there some sort of internet petition we could start or some sort of international justice agency that would help us in the fight?

Come on... ARE YOU WITH ME?

3 Comments:

At 9/09/2005 11:51 PM, Blogger Jake Sikora said...

i'm with you, berman is a piece of total crap. the only person worse in football is madden.

 
At 9/12/2005 2:22 PM, Blogger wholegrain said...

Andy, I don't know yet about this. Since I have not had ESPN for about 4 years minus a 3 month 9.99 trial of Comcast, I still only hear the "whooop" sound. I never liked baseball so I don't even care about him there. He's pretty dang bad in large doses but, like Jake started to say, Madden talks the whole game. Whatever, just get rid of Vitale.

 
At 1/07/2006 12:11 AM, Blogger Mike Sense said...

Because this is a wicked-old post I'm not sure you'll see this...but I completely agree. I find the guy really dated...kind of the uncle nobody wants to confront about the decade-old wardrobe...right? Something like that,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home