Wednesday, August 24, 2005

kill 'em all!!!!

Although my jerk "internet at home" brother beat me to the punch on this one, I am proud to be the first to post about the response of President Chavez. While not released to the public yet, this picture, off of Pat Robertson's kick ass website cbn.com, shows who's killing who here. Are you kidding me? Chavez is going to cut off Robertson's head with that sword!!!

For more in the way of unbiased media coverage, check out this sweet article as Robertson's employees follow the story. Particularly interesting is the link at the bottom of the article that says "find your way to peace with God." Also helpful on the website is this article about how liberals in the west aid radical islam, and this recipe for Pat's Age-Defying Protein Pancakes.

I believe Ryan Hansen and I have had recent conversations about how sweet Chavez is, including his love for Cuba and offering to send Condoleezza Rice books that Cuba and Venezuela are using to promote literacy and, after a Venezuelan news presenter said that Rice must want to marry Chavez, he asked his people, in a press conference, if he should marry her, ultimately concluding, "I cannot marry Condolencia, because I am much too busy," he said in a recent speech. "I have been told that she dreams about me," he said on another occasion.

Here's the jist of all this. Robertson is a nut. To comment on some of your comments, I'm not embarassed because he doesn't represent me or authentic Christianity. This is an opportunity for Christians to say, see, this is exactly what we are not. And despite the fact that Bush says this is not representative of his philosophy, he doesn't represent us either. The church is a house of peace for all people. Anyone calling for assasinations, leading wars, or so obviously abusing photoshop to show a president in military guard weilding a sword at your head while you wear a nice suit is out the door. plain and simple.

5 Comments:

At 8/24/2005 12:12 PM, Blogger Jake Sikora said...

for those of you in need of more insane roberston picks, check this one out from the NY times:
http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/2005/08/23/national/23robertson.jpg

 
At 8/25/2005 9:09 AM, Blogger Dan Baker said...

I personally don't feel that Robertson represents me or christianity as I see it. But, a large population of this country does associate Roberts with the Christianity that they see in people like you and I (speaking of jake and I and most of us that read this blog). Its scary...

 
At 8/26/2005 10:38 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

I am not sure anyone is promoting Cuba all that high either. I don't have to think that someone is wrong or not like their politics and think the solution is that America should go and kick their asses...as we now know is the American way...thanks Toby Keith for that.

So, where do we go with all this? Ya, PR is a nutjob...America is not operating as a Christian nation, at least not in my book. so what do we do for not?

I don't know I have read articles that I have gotten from Norrie, Ruben, and Dwight...ahhh...too much information. I need to just focus on my own crap and figure out sociology and then try to figure out how to use to manipulate the world into my control...or something similiar to that

Peace

 
At 8/29/2005 11:22 AM, Blogger Jake Sikora said...

Dusty:
you need to go to church, that's what needs to happen. the church is our hope, forget about the state, they all suck, as paco said. and paco, i never have suggested that cuba was anything less than terrible, rather, that communist states are no longer to be seen as the great evil and that cuba and chavez are probably right when they suggest that american empire is the greatest threat to the world today.

 
At 9/02/2005 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home