Thursday, July 07, 2005

What are you Thinking!?!?

The good Lord has sent his/her/it's powerful spirit upon us and graced us all with the incarnation of the pure form of music. I am writing to do nothing other then use whatever sort of influence and mental power I have over your lives to emplore you to immediately access, purchase, and repeatedly listen to the new Sufjan Stevens album, Illinois. For those of you who haven't heard, Sufjan Stevens is the greatest artist of our time. He has undertaken a project of magnificent scope, writing a CD about every state in the USA. Now, I'm not a patriot, but Sufjan covers everything about these states that are wonderful and great. I can't even describe to you the joy and mystery of life you are missing by not having all of his CDs, however, you can rightly start making things better in the world today by getting this CD. I know we talk alot about rejecting materialism, not buying into the wal-mart mindset, but Sufjan makes everything in the world better and you can buy this wonderful new CD at most major stores like Best-Buy and Borders, or even I-tunes (so i hear)! So, you can, theoretically, have your cake and eat it too, that's right, listening to this new CD makes it possible for you to participate in the most confusing idiom of all time! It will both speak to and help resolve whatever existential crisis you and jonny are having. it has cured my mind of all ill-will and mental illness. I am now drug free. I stake my musical/philosophical/spiritual/physical reputation on this record. You will not be dissapointed. Spread the word! Let's make this a best seller! Celebrate my state! Celebrate my state of mind! Celebrate Illinois! Fight terror! Buy this CD today! Join the army! rejoice! rejoice! rejoice!

1 Comments:

At 7/08/2005 9:20 AM, Blogger wholegrain said...

I too have been found by the melodies, harmonies, beauties, and wonder that is Illinoise. I recently was having tough times and ordered this wonderful disc of musical milkshakes from one internet superhighway. My life is forever changed for good and not for evil. Well, at the least I am "hella" enthusiastic that my parents live in Illinois and I can act like this CD is for me too. Jake, Sufjan came to me in a dream last night and spoke to me that you are his favorite ever. Joyful, joyful, music for me. Thanks be to the Lord for his bountiful creation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home