Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Get your motor running...head out on the highway!

High way to the list-zone, list-zone, take a ride into the list-zone!!!!!



That's right, kenny loggins is ready, and you should be too!

It's the end of the year! So that means its time to make insane and copious amounts of meaningless, slighty irresponsible, immoral or otherwise exciting lists! List list lists! It's my favorite time. Earlier in my life i didn't like lists as much and that was a stupid pathetic time in my gray existance. So don't be a dillweed! Get in on the action while the action is hot!

So not yet. This is just a warning. But beginning at roughly the last week of december lets post our lists! you can post on your own or you can comment on a posted list with a new list. If you are not a member here of course also please post on the comments your own lists. these can be whatever you want! top 2s, top 5s, top 10s, top 50s, top 10,000s! They can be bottoms too. Of course i recommend the usual topics, new music, new old music, new books or new old books, new movies or new old movies, best news stories, or best posts on mmw. but feel free to post whatever else you want too, best food of 2006, worst chairs in my house of 2006, best way to track dogs gone bad of 2006 and etc... Just remember its the list zone. so if you haven't started thinking about these yet, then get on it! if you have then just keep salivating and preparing for th elast week in december! I know that there could be something awesome in that week too, but we gotta do it sometime and next year is too late, we can't talk about old stuff in the new year! time marches on! forever!

okay! do it! oh yeah! (also you don't have to post all your lists at once,and you can revise in face of arguement or embarresment or whatever all week. Lets just call that week list week, oh and also christmas i guess.)

Official Midwest Mindset List Week 2006 Dec. 24ish-30ish coming soon!!!

take a ride into the list zone!!!!!!

6 Comments:

At 12/06/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger jonny said...

Top 5 Lists I am Excited about:

-Top 12 Graphic Novels I didn't read until 2006.
-Top 6 episodes of Lost Season 3.
-Top 11 albums of 2006 that I haven't heard because I stopped downloading/buying new music sometime around May/June 2006.
-Top 10 weddings I missed in 2006.
-Top 7 favorite lines from Curb Your Enthusiasm season 3 and Weeds season 1.

Yeah!

 
At 12/06/2006 11:56 PM, Blogger Jake Sikora said...

Look to the catfish haven blog starting this weekend for my year end music banaza.

 
At 12/07/2006 1:29 AM, Blogger Jeff BBz said...

well, damn. If you are gonna jump the gun, then we ought to start earlier here too. of course i could also just post there too. Let's call december list month! and then also maybe next week can be list week instead of the last week. lets do it!

 
At 12/08/2006 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats a bonaza? hehe

 
At 12/12/2006 3:01 PM, Blogger wholegrain said...

more like banana, Jake. You friggin' goofoff.

 
At 12/12/2006 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Top 6 Lists I am Excited About:
1. Top 5 movies I waited for to come to Denver but came out on video first, so I watched them on vid even though I really wanted to see them in the theater (Spoiler alert: #1 - Three Times by Hou Hsiao-Hsien)
2. Top 30 fun things I did while I should have been working on my thesis.
3. Top 15 new-old movies I should have watched when I was in High School/College.
4. Ranking of the four seasonal New Belgium brews this year.
5. Top 10 new-old books I should have read when I was in High School/College
6. Top 10 new books this year (This is going to be a tough race, but #1 will be Stan Hauerwas' Matthew commentary in the Brazos series).

I'm so pumped for this action. Holy crap. These are only the top six, but there are so many more that will rule forever.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home