Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Righteous Temptation?

It is very clear from James ch. 1 that God does not tempt us. Duh! Satan tempts us!! But have you ever been tempted with thoughts of righteousness? At first pass, it seems that this happens to me every so often. For instance, while I was studying GReek (which doesn't take much to tempt me from focussing on that), my thoughts are averted to my dreams of ministry and effectiveness, and practicall application of what I am learning in Seminary. Teh items that I am thiniking of are not sinful at all. I often get some of my best Ideas and it sonnects very much to the core of my God-given passions. But, I really need to be studying Greek. It can very easily be interpreted as a temptation. So either, what I am thinking of is really in some way sinful, or God is telling me to ditch seminary and get back in full-time ministry (if that wasn;t another temptationin and of itself). Knowing that teh Evil One is very crafty, does he use righteous things to tempt us from other righteous things. Or is it all a wash, since if I fail at GReek, at least I will have some great new ideas about ministry? Please give your thoughts... How do you understand temptation?..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home