Tuesday, February 14, 2006

valemtimes

my sophomore year in college, Jess Abbott (now Landrigan) and I made Valentines day cards together. They weren't addressed to anybody, and they were retarded. I mean, really really dumb- made with magic marker on white paper, about taking rides on combines and crap. We did a lot of stuff that now doesn't make any sense to me. but at the time, I remember laughing so hard that I felt like my ribs were going to crack and my bowels were going to slide to the floor in her Hardy basement dorm room.

Now Jess is married. And tonight Brian brought me home flowers, and told me he wanted me to be his Valentine.

No boy has ever brought me flowers before, or asked me for anything that even had to do with Valentines. Now all I need is a ride on that combine, and a magic marker, and Hardy Hall.

Coldplay is still humming in the background, and more things are the same than not.

3 Comments:

At 2/14/2006 10:48 AM, Blogger Dusty said...

Did you guys ever send those out, because I vaguely remember seeing something like that. I think Jess may have sent it to me...Or did we share a mailbox and you tried sending it to her and I stole it?

I don't know but that sounds kind of familiar...

 
At 2/14/2006 11:03 AM, Blogger adam said...

Jess got married? No way! Tell her I said congratulations.

 
At 2/15/2006 12:54 AM, Blogger Liza said...

dusty-
yeah, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened.
hahaha.

yeah, adam-
apparently, she's been married for a little while. don't you catholics stay in the loop with one another?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home